Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Willie Washer's Local No.38

Willie Washer's Local No.38 by James Shipman

I recently designed and illustrated some cover art for my buddy author James Shipman. James wrote a great comedy fantasy novel titled Willie Washer's Local No.38. I've read the book, and it's a quick, fun read.

Rarely do I actually laugh out loud while reading books. I think the last book that grabbed my guts and pulled out the belly laugh's was Fear & Loathing in Las Vegas by Hunter S. Thompson, and that was years ago. Surprise, surprise, James got me laughing good with Willie Washer's Local No.38. There's plenty of punnery and tasty one-liners throughout this book. It also skewers a quiverful of fantasy stereotypes with comedic panache, including one of my all-time favorites: the Gelatinous Cube. Oh so 2nd version D&D (I'm talking Blue-book D&D), or should I say OD&D.

Need I say more?

You can buy the physical book (with my cover art) at Amazon here:

http://www.amazon.com/Willie-Washers-Local-No-James-Shipman/dp/1475050852/ref=tmm_pap_title_0

If you want the Kindle version, you can find it here:

http://www.amazon.com/Willie-Washers-Local-No-38-ebook/dp/B007JD3LZC/ref=tmm_kin_title_0

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I love spoofs of fantasy books. I love the cover art you did for it. It makes me want to read it, as it should! What's up with RED GELATIN?! I guess I'll have to read it!

    ReplyDelete