Friday, May 17, 2013

Surprise, Surprise: Pit Bulls kill things

Hands Off by David Hudnut
Did anybody see the news story last night about the two pit bulls that traipsed into Sandra Anderson's house in Longview Washington, through her patio door, and killed her cat napping on the window sill? The article is here.

It drives me nuts when I read news stories like this. They are common. Where I live, I periodically see pit bulls roaming the streets without an owner anywhere in the vicinity. Why? Because the fences in people's yards are low enough for any medium-sized dog to climb over. It's no surprise that the dogs get free.

I've even had two pit bulls run into my backyard chasing a cat. I had to chase the pit bulls off by yelling at them because I didn't have anything handy like a bat. I would've preferred a spear. There I was, in my sweats at 7:30 in the morning, shouting at the top of my lungs in my front yard:

"GET OUT OF HERE!! GO HOME!! GET OUT OF HERE!!"

When the neighbors came outside, the dogs had already run off. I must have looked like a lunatic to them.

Because this infuriates me to no end, I wrote a story about this exact topic. It was a way for me to work out my irritation in a constructive fashion. If free-roaming pit bulls chap your hide, and you like horror stories, you will enjoy my story Hands Off.

You can buy Hands Off on Amazon.com here.

No comments:

Post a Comment