Monday, May 6, 2013

Entanglement by newcomer Dan Rix

Entanglement by Dan Rix
I read Entanglement by first-time author Dan Rix over the weekend. Usually, I'm a slow reader, but this book sucked me in and I couldn't put it down.

I've been trudging through a morass of wordy, overly-written books lately. It boggles my mind that so many authors, and I'm talking Big 6 traditionally published authors, are putting out so many unnecessary words. Charles Dickens would be proud. These authors MUST be getting paid by the word, there's no other explanation.

Dan Rix did not make this mistake with his debut novel Entanglement. It was a page turner. I never once felt like he was dragging things out. But more importantly, it was a great story of dystopian romance set in an alternate history Santa Barbara. It had a great romance between the leads. I loved the characters. And it had alternate history (which Dan did an expert job of sprinkling in without slapping you in the face and demanding payment for services rendered). More of a light sci-fi read, which is my preference.

And most importantly, the whole time I was reading it, I thought Entanglement evoked a modern-day Hitchock vibe. It would most definitely make a great film, which I would pay to see.

For a first time novelist, Dan Rix has proved himself a capable craftsman. I look forward to reading more of his work as it comes out.

You can buy Entanglement on Amazon here:


You can find the Dan Rix author blog here:

No comments:

Post a Comment