Thursday, September 6, 2012

This one goes to eleven



Lately some people have been questioning exactly how metal I really am. Sure,. anyone can say they're heavy metal until they're blue in the face. But sometimes, you have to put your metal where your mouth is.

Watch the video. Enough said. I'm 111% metal. Yes, I go to eleven. 24/7.

If you want a high quality mp3 of my new song "Spread Your Wings" from my upcoming album HateBall, send me an email at

DavidHudnut {at} gmail dot com

Then feel free to spread it around to your fellow Metal Heads. I know all of you go to eleven.



SPREAD YOUR WINGS
by David Hudnut
from the album HateBall

Get a job, go to work, that shit makes me rage
Bed of lies, the coward's curse, life without a soul
I don't know why they can't see I belong on stage
They don't know I'm full of fire as I struggle to engage     yeah

I don't feel like living life
I don't want to fight this fight
I don't have the guts to go
And live this lie that's all for show      

I've been living without my heart for all these years
All these years

My friends are dead, I'm out of luck, life is running out
Should I try or will I die, what's the use of going on
I don't know why they can't see I belong on stage
Even now I'm full of life as I wonder if I still can    yeah

Hurry up son
Don't waste your life
You've only got one
And time is on the run    yeah

I've been living without my heart for all these years
All these years

I've been living without my heart for all these years
All these years

You ain't gonna die
You just gotta try
When you jump and spread your wings you'll find that you can fly    yeah

Now I'm living with all my heart and I'm flying high
Spread your wings and fly

Now I'm living with all my heart and I'm flying high
Spread your wings and fly

Spread your wings and fly


2 comments:

  1. Truer words were never sung! This one really hits home... reminds me of Headbangers Ball on MTV, staying up all night sketching monsters and seething with teen rage for one reason or another. Hope this leads to an album!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Steve! You are lucky that the song only REMINDS you of seething teen rage. My seething teen rage has never gone away...

    ReplyDelete